“We adopted the Leadership Versatility Index® as the feedback centerpiece to our Leadership Development Process for senior managers. It is succinct yet goes beyond just the interpersonal part of leadership and also covers the business side; strategic and operational leadership. Our leaders benefit greatly from the LVI—the feedback is clear, immediately actionable, and highly relevant to critical business issues.”
Leadership Versatility Index®
- A breakthrough rating scale that identifies when “strengths become weaknesses” through overuse
- A compact behavioral model that represents the tensions and tradeoffs that make leadership a balancing act
- A central, integrative concept of versatility defined as the mastery of opposing forces needed to deal with paradox and fast-paced change
- A blend of quantitative ratings and in-depth qualitative written feedback that provides a clear and compelling message
- An underlying model of learning and development that combines the outer work of behavior change with the inner work of mindset change
- A program of published research demonstrating reliability and validity at predicting employee engagement, team performance, and effectiveness
A range of options
The LVI® is packaged into a brief 20 minute survey and a powerful yet compact summary report.
- The standard version includes numerical feedback only. The deluxe version includes interview-type questions to supplement the ratings with verbatim comments. This provides additional context and insight
- The LVI® can also be customized to fit an organization’s competencies and suit a range of different environments
- Leaders work closely with our consultants to review, discuss and interpret the results, and then put them into action
The profile shows scores within the four leadership dimensions: strategic vs. operational and forceful vs. enabling, and their corresponding sub-dimensions. Color zones highlight shortcomings (green - “go” or do more), strengths taken too far (red - “stop” or do less) and true strengths (white). The profile shape is also important: the closer to a circle a profile is, the more well rounded and versatile the leader is. And the versatility percentage provides an overall index of the leader’s versatility: the higher the percentage, the greater the versatility. The majority of leaders score between 70 - 90 percent.