Overview and Company Background:
Kaplan DeVries Inc. (KDI) respects individual privacy and values the confidence of its clients, employees, vendors, business partners and others. KDI strives to collect, use, and disclose Personal Information (as defined below) in a manner consistent with the laws of the jurisdictions in which it does business, and has a tradition of upholding the highest ethical standards in its business practices.
- Personal Information Collected. The personal data that we collect or receive on participants may include: First and Last Name, Age, Gender, Ethnicity, and E-mail address (not all information we request is required by participants and all required personal information fields are marked). When assessments are administered, we collect responses and then derive summaries and scores and generate a report about participants’ personal characteristics.
- Aggregation of Non-Person-Specific Data. We may statistically aggregate in non-person-specific form test responses and other information collected for KDI internal research purposes. Such aggregated non-person-specific information may be used to enhance, develop or improve our products and services. By initiating the assessment process, you give your consent to this non-person-specific data aggregation and the use and transmission of this aggregated statistical data as outlined herein.
- Independent Testing Centers. Some client projects may involve administration of assessments through independent testing centers. These centers may provide unrelated services and may collect and use personal data for other purposes under different terms and policies. If you have any questions or concerns about an independent testing center’s collection or use of any of your personal information, please talk to the independent testing center directly. If you are not able to adequately address concerns about information collected about you through independent testing centers, please contact us at http://www.kaplandevries.com/contact.
- Access to Data. KDI will not provide results to anyone other than the individual being assessed, unless requested by that individual. The dissemination of results is the sole responsibility of the individual participant. Employers and colleagues of individuals taking the assessments are not guaranteed access to participants’ results.
- Information Access and Corrections. To access and correct the personal information that we have collected under this policy, please contact our Customer Service Department or send us an E-mail at CustomerService@kaplandevries.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before amending any of your personal information in our databases.
- Protection of Personal Information. We use reasonable precautions to protect personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These precautions include appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures. For the electronic transmission of identifiable personal data, we provide secured transmission through Secured Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption (non-identifiable data may be transmitted unencrypted).
- Information from Children. KDI’s services are not directed to children or anyone under the age of seventeen (17). KDI will not knowingly collect, maintain, or use any personally identifiable information about anyone under the age of seventeen (17) without the permission of a parent or legal guardian.
- Information Received from Internet Service Providers Through This Web Site. KDI does not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information; however, we reserve the right to link IP addresses and other information supplied by the ISP to personally identifiable information in order to protect the integrity of our system and for security purposes.
- Cookies are small text files that a Web site transfers to your computer’s browser. Cookies are used by KDI to measure traffic patterns, personalize content, and control security. The cookies we use supply non-personally identifiable information, but they may identify your computer, browser, and Internet specifications.
- Transmission of Information. The Internet is a global environment. By using this site and sending information to us electronically, you consent to transborder and international transmission of any data that you may choose to supply us. Information transmissions to this site and E-mails sent to us may not be secure. Given the inherent operation and nature of the Internet, all Internet transmissions are done at the user’s own risk.
- “Do Not Track.” The analytics employed by KDI does not recognize or honor “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide participants the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about a participant’s online activities.
United States +1 (336) 288-8200